A & A art and architecture spacer courtauld institute of art spacer
login
quick search advanced search browse temp folder
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 

Post new topic    Reply to topic    www.artandarchitecture.org.uk Forum Index -> Books on art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elva feng
New contributor
New contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Pinson s life’s mission is to make others happy Reply with quote

Theo Pinson has never needed a reason to smile.

But he’s had more reasons than ever to sport a grin throughout this summer. After all https://www.northcarolinatarheelszone.com/customize-jersey-c-19.html
he’s several months removed from becoming a national champion and he’s fully healthy.

“The way my career has gone, it feels great to go through a summer healthy instead of rehab,” said Pinson https://www.northcarolinatarheelszone.com/brice-johnson-jersey-c-21.html who has missed 33 games and extensive offseason workout time over his first three UNC seasons due to injury. “I can just work on my body, and not have to worry about when I can play basketball again. Now I’m in the gym all the time working on my game.”

That included full participation in the team’s summer practices, daily workouts and countless pickup games. And he was also able to finally accept an invitation to the Chris Paul Elite Guard Camp, which featured the best 20 college guards in the nation.

Pinson is preparing for a senior season in Chapel Hill in which more will be expected. More scoring. More defense. More leadership.

UNC Looking For Post Answers

A career 39 percent shooter from the field, including 27 percent on three pointers, Pinson said Roy Williams highlighted offensive production as an offseason priority for his improvement.

“Just knocking down shots, really,” Pinson said of his head coach’s lead point of emphasis. “He knows I make plays, that’s what I do best, but at the same time I need to put the ball in the basket more this year because we had a lot of scorers that left.”

Added teammate and best friend Joel Berry “The biggest thing for Theo is just staying healthy…. He’s definitely improved his shot this summer, I’ve seen it in pickup. Hopefully he can come in and knock down some threes, and continue to be the player that he’s always been. I know he’s more of a distributor, getting everybody the ball Kenny Williams Jersey , but hopefully we can get him to knock down some shots this year.”

The other key from Williams was, unsurprisingly, defense. And that’s not because Pinson has been deficient in that area, but rather because he hasn’t realized his potential.

“I’ve got to … take more pride in the defensive end as far as locking down the best player on the other team,” Pinson said.

Cameron Johnson Impressing New Teammates

Pinson was arguably UNC’s best facilitator a year ago. And no assist was bigger than his last one of the 2016 17 season, which produced the go ahead basket in the final minutes of the national championship game.

He led the team with 3.7 assists per game, while sporting a top five ranked assist to turnover ratio in the ACC.

In fact, Pinson’s 2.4 career assist to turnover mark puts him on pace to finish third all time at UNC in that statistic, behind only Kendall Marshall and Ty Lawson.

“One of the biggest goals for me is to have the best assist to turnover ratio in the nation,” he said. “That’s big for me, and would put me in a different category, so that’s one of my goals.”

The positive impact Pinson has on the locker room is a given. His teammates and head coach universally praise the role he plays to raise morale. “Just being around him brightens my day,” Berry said. And Williams has noted “He is able to do so many things that make people feel good, to make people laugh.”

Berry Fine Tuning Physique

There’s no reason to think that won’t continue, as it seems part of Pinson s life’s mission is to make others happy “I just try to make everybody smile https://www.northcarolinatarheelszone.com/marcus-paige-jersey-c-20.html ” he said. “I don’t want everybody to be frowning all the time. It’s not the way I like to live, and I don’t want everybody that I’m around to live like that either.”

But if Pinson can reach his goals on the court, then his team ambitions for 2017 18 may not seem as lofty. He said he views his personal Tar Heel legacy through the lens of team accomplishments.

“What people can https://www.northcarolinatarheelszone.com/kenny-williams-jersey-c-13.html say they’ve been at the national championship three times, won it two times?” Pinson asked. “There are not a lot of people that say they’ve been to three Final Fours.

“So we’re going to try and do the same thing.”
Post new topic    Reply to topic    www.artandarchitecture.org.uk Forum Index -> Books on art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: